Changes due to Covid-19
- Social distancing stickers are placed outside of the setting to remind parents to keep 2 metres apart where possible.
- ‘Appointment only’ sticker on door
- Staff’s temperature is taken at the beginning of their shift and noted down in the ‘Temperature Log Book’.
- Children’s temperature is taken in the morning and in the afternoon and noted down in their ‘Daily Diary’.
- In the entrance corridor, there is anti-bacterial gel, disposable face masks, wipes and plastic shoe coverings for visitors.
- Reusable face shields for staff
- Ink stamp of Covid-19 atom cartoon placed on children’s hand, encourages children to wash their hands. Sticker given to children who don’t have stamp on their hand by the end of the day.
- Hand washing musical timer
- Hand soaps to match with children’s interests
- Covid-19 capsule box – filled with photos of from home
- Working in partnership with parent’s more – sending homework weekly, advice (washing hand techniques) or updates on Covid-19.
- Replaced group magnet task board with individual magnet task boards – added Covid-19 magnets
- Floor stickers to remind children and adults to maintain social distancing.
- Cleaning schedule is being done more regularly.
- Ladybird House Daily Risk Assessment.
- Children social distance as much as possible, we try to have 3 children and an adult in one room – children play on individual play mats.
- Children to play outdoors as much as possible.
- ‘Catch it, bin it, kill it’ stickers.
- Wall calendar now includes Covid-19 notes.
- Children have made their own face shield masks.
- Planning activities have changed to include more individual play.
- Children have their own Individual Learning Bus which is updated every week with different activities according to their interests. Each bus also includes anti-bacterial gel, face mask, personalised face shield and step by step instruction on what to activities to do during the day.
- Each child has a ‘My Quarantine Journal: A Time Capsule Journal for Kids’ book to bring home and fill in with their parents.
- New Covid-19 books: 101 Games To Play Whilst Socially Distancing, What is Social Distancing? Mr Covid Comes To Town, I Want To Back To Normal Life Covid-19.
- no parents to enter the childminding house – doorstep handover
- children to be dropped and collected at staggered times
- no ‘high risk people’ to drop or collect children or be down as emergency contact
- declaration of returning back after Covid-19
- no toys to be brought to the setting
- no pushchairs to be brought to setting
- children to bring own anti-bacterial gel, packet tissue and wipes in Ladybird bags
- walk or take car to travel to the setting
- children to wear own clothes and change into uniform when they arrive at setting if they have to travel by public transport
- Staff to come on the roll
- Staff have completed ‘Staff Vulnerability Declaration Form’
- Staff have completed ‘Return back to work: CoronaVirus Form’